Your How-To to Exploring What’s Next!
Ready for the next step in your career at Kaiser Permanente? Here current employees will find step-by-step instructions on how to search jobs, create/update your profile, and submit your interest in an open position.
Not a KP Employee? Click here for instructions.
Search and View Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
- Ensure you are on the Employee section of the careers website by clickling on the “Employee Job Search” tab in the upper right corner of any page.
- Begin your search by entering your keyword and/or location and clicking “Search Jobs”. If you already know the job number of the position you are interested in, enter that into the keyword field and click "Search Jobs."
- Jobs will populate in a Search Results page. You can use the filters on the left to further refine your results.
- To restart your search, simply go back to the search fields and enter new queries.
NOTE: Avoid using the back button on your browser while searching or your search criteria will be reset.
View Job Description
- View the job description from your search results by clicking on the job title.
- Find a job that matches your skills, qualifications, and interest? You can either add it to “My Favorite Jobs” to review later or submit your interest now.
Save a Job To “My Favorite Jobs”
- To save a job to review later, click “Add to Favorites.” All jobs added to your favorite jobs list can be reviewed on the “My Favorite Jobs” page, accessible from the link on the top right of any page on the Internal Careers website.
Begin the Submission Process
- When viewing the job description of a job you want to submit your interest in, click “Submit Interest” to begin the submission process. Review the user agreement and click “Accept” if you agree.
- You will then be prompted to sign on using your Web Single Sign-On (WSSO).
- Enter your National User ID and password, then click “Sign on.”
- If you have not yet activated your Web Single Sign-On, click “Activate your account” and follow the instructions.
Create or Update Your Candidate Profile
- On the “My Job Page“ tab, click “Access my profile” located on the right side of the page.
- Create your candidate profile by entering your personal information, employment and education history, and preferred working criteria. Attaching a resume is encouraged, but not required. Click “Save and Continue” following each step and select “Submit” to save your profile.
- Completing and maintaining your candidate profile makes the process of submitting interest in an open position quick and easy.
- Be sure to complete all fields. If a question does not apply to you, enter “Not applicable” or “N/A.”
NOTE: You can choose to “Save as Draft” at any point during the submission process and later retrieve the incomplete/draft submission on the “My Job Page” tab in the “My Submissions” section.
Complete The Submission Process
- When you have completed all steps and are ready to submit your interest, click “Submit.”
- You will see a “Confirmation of submission” screen to let you know the process is complete.
After Your Submission Is Complete
- If you’d like to review your job submissions a list is located on the “My Job Page” tab in the “My Submissions” section.
What you can expect: If your skills and experience appear to align with those of the position, a Talent Acquisition professional may contact you for additional screening. Collective bargaining agreements apply for represented positions. Due to the high volume of submissions we receive, we cannot contact each person who submits a resume for consideration.
Identifying the right people for the right roles can take time, so thank you in advance for your patience.
We wish you the best of luck in taking the next step with your career at Kaiser Permanente.
Join Our Talent Network
Interested in being notified automatically when a position you might be interested in is posted? Join our Talent Network! Talent Network forms are available at the bottom of every page on our Careers website. Simply fill out the form and click “Join Now.”
NOTE: We have separate Talent Network communities for our University and Military candidates. These specific forms are available on their corresponding pages of the external careers website. These tools are available to internal and external candidates and therefore you will be notified when jobs become available to all candidates.